At THRIVE Speech Therapy, we take a collaborative, family-centered, and holistic approach to treatment.
We provide individually tailored speech, language, social communication, and feeding therapy for children and adolescents. We are dedicated to helping individuals of all capacities reach their full communication potential. We help individuals with feeding difficulties become healthy happy eaters who enjoy mealtime. We offer screenings, evaluations, diagnosis, treatment, and parent coaching. We also offer Early Language toddler groups and Kinder-Readiness groups as their own services. We collaborate with schools, physicians, and other healthcare disciplines in order to provide highly comprehensive treatment.
Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
CAS is a label used for a specific type of speech disorder in which the planning and/or programming of movements to produce speech are inefficient which makes it difficult for a child to speak. Children with apraxia typically have a solid understanding of language and know what they want to say but have difficulty executing complex sequences of sounds. Their mouth may not move the way it needs to in order to say words clearly (https://childapraxiatreatment.org/what-is-cas/).
Children with CAS need specialized treatment because the most effective treatments are based on the principles of motor learning, unlike traditional speech therapy. Rose is highly trained in the best treatment approaches available which include Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing (DTTC), Rapid Syllable Transitions (ReST), and Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT). She also has thousands of hours of experience treating children with apraxia.
Pediatric Feeding Therapy
Food intake is an essential component to your child’s physical and mental development. This can be a challenging task for some children. We believe that behaviors associated with feeding difficulties often stem from an underlying issue – not due to a child being inherently defiant. Your child may benefit from therapy if:
- Your child is not meeting expected levels on the WHO growth chart or failing to gain weight at expected rates
- Your child has trouble with certain foods due to sensory disorders
- Your child has an underlying oral-motor deficit or delay
- Mealtimes are consistently a battle
- Your child has a complex medical diagnosis
- Your child is transitioning from tube feeding to oral eating
We offer individual therapy targeting pediatric eating skills that can be offered independently or in addition to other speech and language goals.We offer treatment for the following:
- Lack of growth/poor growth
- Food Refusal
- Picky Eating
- Limited Variety of Food Consumption
- Your child is very selective about which foods they will try/eat and are not getting adequate nutrition
The duration of our feeding programs vary depending on the needs of your child. We offer parent education and training to help with challenging feeding situations as well as how to encourage and reinforce positive behaviors.
We provide treatment for the following:
- Articulation/Phonological Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Disorders
- Early intervention
- Fluency Disorders (Stuttering/Cluttering)
- Language Based Learning Disabilities
- Oral Motor Disorders
- Oral Swallow/Food Management
- Pediatric Feeding Disorders/Picky Eating
- Social Language Disorders (Pragmatics)
- Receptive/Expressive Language Disorders
- Tongue Thrust/Lisps